Lighthouse is a prominent landmark in Puducherry. It is one of the best locations for a bird's-eye view of the serene Pondicherry city. It is located at a within Puducherry city limits, right next to the famed Gandhi statue.

The original Lighthouse of Puducherry was constructed in 1836 by the French colonialists, it was closed down in 1979 and a new lighthouse was constructed in Kirapalaiyam village, to the south of the town. The space in front plays host to various cultural, musical and commercial activities throughout the year.

Lighthouse of Pondicherry can be visited during timings 3:00 PM - 5:30 PM only on weekdays. Visitors have to pay an entry fee of INR 10.